As the Body of Jesus Christ we believe in the Biblical plan of salvation. That consisting of God providing for sinful man what He requires of sinful man because sinful man could not provide what God’s requires for acquittal of sin, sinless blood. We believe that Adam and Eve sinned in the garden, and tension was placed at that point between God’s personal holiness and God’s love for sinful mankind. God’s personal holiness demanded eternal punishment, but God’s love toward sinful man demanded mercy. So God’s personal holiness and God’s love for sinful mankind was harmonized by the cross of Jesus Christ, and through saving faith in Jesus Christ, mankind can accept God’s offer and terms of pardon and eternal life:
- One must believe and obey what God says. (Matthew 7:21)
- One must believe on Jesus as the only Lord and Savior. (Acts 4:12 & 16:31)
- One must turn away from sin and turns to God in true repentance! (Acts 2:38; 41& 20:21)
- One must publicly confess Jesus as Lord! (Romans 10:9)
- Through saving faith, the sinner is immersed “into” (eij) Jesus Christ and is clothed with Christ and receives forgiveness of sin and the gift of Holy Spirit! (Acts 2:38; Romans 6:3-5) this is the sinner’s baptism!
- Through saving faith, the sinner is a new creation in Christ. (2 Co 5:17)
- Through saving faith, the new creature in Christ is faithful until death (Revelation 2:10)
- In short, this is being saved by grace, through faith, in Christ, at baptism and being faithful to Christ until death.
To be an outward focused Church- To have an everlasting, positive impact for Jesus Christ upon individuals and our society. But also to be inward focused, in regards to equipping Christians to be outward focused! To grow numerically only for the desired outcome of growing in spiritual depth (i.e. holiness and communion with Christ). To be devoted to the apostles teaching, the breaking of bread, and to the prayers and fellowship. The Lord then will add to His Church those being saved.